Monday, September 22, 2014

Characters-Week 3

The first story we were supposed to read for my class was Cultural Baggage, and I personally thought that this piece was a bit confusing. I started reading it and I just felt like it didn't really have a direction, I felt like it was very all over the place. I started forming one idea of what I thought it was all about but then it would change because the way the story was going changed. Not until the end did I somewhat understand what the writer was getting at. I thought it was just an overall confusing story. Then the second book we had to read was Pet Milk, and I thought this was much easier to understand. It was easier to follow and at the end I understood what he meant from telling the story. I liked how this was more of a telling of how he goes through his days, it was easier to follow. I think I had trouble with the first story because it was someones ideas and thoughts.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with your outlook on the reading of "Cultural Baggage". I did not really understand it either. I couldn't take much from the passage. You are not alone on this one Danielle ! (:

    ReplyDelete